IFEDA will be running the following course in Exeter:-
Fire & Safety Signs – A technical Perspective.
When: 25th July
Time: 09:30 1/2 day
Cost: £70 + vat
Course feedback includes:- “a very enjoyable course, we learned a lot and I have already implemented a couple of instant changes. The course will certainly help with my FRA’s as to what is a requirement and what can be recommended. The half a day was about right”. “An extremely informative and well delivered course with outstanding and comprehensive hand-outs for future reference.”
This half-day workshop covers topics such as:-
- Safety Signs i.e. Classification, Performance Requirements, Design principles, Geometric Shapes, Safety & Contrast Colours for Safety Signs – BS ISO 3864-1:2011. Sizes and Viewing Distances BS ISO 3864-1:2011 and BS 5499-4:2013. Photo-luminescent Safety Signs What are they and how do they work? Categorisation of Safety Signs According to BS EN ISO 7010.
Normative and Legal Framework
- Principles of a SWGS with reference to BS ISO 16069:2004. Location Levels, Sign Types and their Application, Markings and Strips & Escape Plans – Alarm Zone Plans
- Selection and Positioning of Signs For:- Exit & Fire Doors, Fire Fighting Equipment, Warning/Hazards and Stairwells.
- Site Surveys:- Tips on carrying out a site survey
- Test:- open book exam and then discussion of the answers in case clarification is required.
Should you wish to book please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org