Please be aware that the IFEDA Office will close at 12:00 noon on Thursday 21st December and re-open on Tuesday 2nd January.
This course will be postponed until the New Year. Apologies but it has not proved possible to get the trainer from the far North to the Chester training location due to deep lying snow and blocked roads. The full extinguisher course due to start on Tuesday will go ahead if, as expected the conditions improve and the roads clear.
BAFE has now launched a comprehensive guide to the revised SP101 scheme on the BAFE website which can be found here:
Here you will find information regarding:
- An overview of the scheme (including an official statement regarding the change from SP101/ST104 to SP101)
- How to become a BAFE SP101 registered organisation/technician
- Asbestos awareness / Health & Safety training information
- The BAFE Diploma
- The BS 5306 Exam (where IFEDA are noted)
- The Technician Competency Portfolio
- How to check/validate an extinguisher technician is BAFE registered
All SP101 organisations will be contacted to remind them of the scheme changes and that the new scheme document is now in effect.
Do you install and commission fire extinguishers? Can never find the manufacturers’ stated weight to use as a reference? Problem over. IFEDA has launched an android app just for you. To find the app, priced at just £10, you can simply go on the Google Play Store and search for “IFEDA Toolbox”, alternatively you can use one of these links:
With a number of its members wondering about the quality of water used to fill fire extinguishers, especially those filled at various locations around the world. IFEDA has taken the opportunity to engage the services of a water testing company to carry out some in-depth analysis. The results can be found in the attached press-release.